Hello World who will see this. I couldn't think up of an original greeting, so here is a little something different.
A little girl walked into a pet shop and asked the store owner "Thir, do you keep widdle wabbits?" The pet store owner was taken in by her cute little lisp, and so he replied "That depends, do you want a fuzzy white wabbit, or a cute widdle brown wabbit, or a fast widdle black wabbit?" The little girl looked a little embarrassed, as she whispered to the owner "I don't think my python givths a thit!"
How I would use a blog in the school:
I think that blogs have a definite use in schools. One application i would use them for would be in conferencing with students. If students have questions that they would like addressed in class the next day or if they have a comment they wanted to share, but are shy in the classroom, a blog would be a good place for them to be heard. Also, a blog could be an awesome way for teachers to let parents know what is going on in the classroom. You can post assignments, test dates and other things that parents tend to like to know. This way the teachers would be able to notify the parents about what is going on without having to deal with individual correspondences. I think a blog would be especially useful for a students taking individual study courses. If there are several students taking the same course, as a teacher you could set up a blog where they could post their questions and you could answer them. This would avoid having to answer the same questions over and over. It would also be a study forum where the students would have a chance to answer the questions for their peers first, before the teacher responded. These are just few of the many applications that a blog could have. However, the problem with blogs (besides the obvious computer and internet access issue) is that everyone involved would have to buy into it, and this often does not happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Joey, that's a great thtory. I think that your pedagogical justification for the use of blogs in the classroom is spot-on.
Post a Comment